Making a positive impact
Creating a sustainable conference is crucial in today’s world to reduce environmental impact and promote responsible practices. By integrating sustainable principles into every aspect of the event, we can minimise waste, conserve resources, and inspire attendees to adopt eco-friendly habits.
See how attending Australasian College for Emergency Medicine Winter Symposium 2023 means ‘no worries’ for the planet.
The ACEM Winter Symposium 2023 is making every effort to reduce the carbon footprint and ensure sustainability practices are being followed where possible:
The Symposium will not offer delegate satchels to reduce our waste to landfill.
We encourage all delegates to return their name badges at the conclusion of the Symposium so that they can be repurposed for other events.
We are proud that our Symposium app includes all program information and allows delegates to participate in Q&As and connect with one another.
There are lots of options out there for delegates travelling interstate or internationally to attend our conferences who want to offset CO2. Most airline companies offer this as part of their booking process.
NEX utilises environmental management systems that ensure sustainability for the local environment. Some initiatives include:
- LED lighting in kitchens and auditoriums ensures energy efficiency
- Sustainable menus
- Litter-smart conference recycling bins
- Some sustainable initiatives for events include:
- Partnership with OzHarvest ensures sustainable and ethical food recycling
- Paper-free ordering systems ensures sustainable paper management
- Sustainable, low energy use of kitchen facilities and bio-degradable chemicals
- Recycling of waste oil which is used as a base for Bio Diesel Petrol
The Newcastle Convention and Exhibition Centre’s green initiatives are third-party certified by QMS Certification Services and meets the requirements of ISO: 14001:2004 Environmental Management Systems Standard.
Every Little Bit Helps
Let’s make a difference together
ACEM are collecting any unused hotel & ravel toiletries from attendees to give to Every Little Bit Helps – a charity who then repurposes unused items to create care packages for the homeless, troubled youth, asylum seekers and victims of domestic violence. Please bring any items to the registration desk collection point before registration closes on the last day of the event.
Items collected include:
- Shampoo | conditioner | toothbrush
- Toothpaste | Soap | Body Wash
- Hair combs | Airline Amenity Kits
- Vanity Kits | Body Moisturisers | Sanitary Items
- Cosmetic Samples | Perfume Samples | Makeup Samples